Ajvar and everything else

The views and opinions on this blog are my own- and do not reflect the views and opinions of the Peace Corps or the United States Government.

Monday, July 04, 2005

Happy 4th of July!!

I got to thinking this weekend about all the different places and ways I have celebrated the 4th of July. Many times at grandma’s house, watching people across the lake shoot off fire-works and shooying off some of our own as well. Twice in Jackson Hole Wyoming, with fireworks going off and the mountains as the backdrop. The last few years I have preceded celebrations by playing American music outside at the annual Westerville Symphony Concert.

This year I am in Macedonia. Over the weekend about 15 of us went down to the beach south of Ohrid. We swam, played Frisbee and football, raced paddle boats, and ate lots of yummy America type foods. The weather mostly cooperated, with enough sun to keep it warm enough to swim, but then raining all the way back and drenching us on the way to the apartment. All in all everyone had a good time, and I think we all got our fill of Americans on this American holiday.

Enjoy the pictures!! And happy 4th!!

Plus - around the cliff from the beach we were at is a cave church. Really interesting. And... All of this is in the national park I work in! Really lucky.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home