Ajvar and everything else

The views and opinions on this blog are my own- and do not reflect the views and opinions of the Peace Corps or the United States Government.

Monday, July 18, 2005

Shaun and I go to Velestovo

On Saturday Shaun and I decided to go on a bit of a hike. I had a map, which could have turned out to be a problem if we had needed it, but basically we just followed a road from the edge of town, up the mountain, into the national park, to the village of Velestovo. The hike started with a walk up the stairs pictured below. They are right at the edge of town, and they look pretty old, but don't go anywhere. All those stairs, and they just end in the middle of the woods. Another good question, I guess.

The hike was nice enough though, with good views all along the way. I wish we hadn't had to have stayed on the road, but the map proved itself insufficient almost from the beginning, and the footpaths that I had assumed would be well marked, were never found.

2 Comments:

At 4:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vanessa do you ever work? It seems as if you are on vacation, off sick or just walking in the woods. What are you going to do when PC is over and you have to get a real job back home? You have to put in at least 3 hours a day to get paid for your 8 hour day.

 
At 12:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Vanessa;
I think what you are doing is cool. I wish I could print off these pictures and show Grandma Smith. If anyone tells you different should get a life.
jeff

 

Post a Comment

<< Home