Ajvar and everything else

The views and opinions on this blog are my own- and do not reflect the views and opinions of the Peace Corps or the United States Government.

Monday, July 25, 2005

A camp,

Last week was pretty full for me, or at least the last part of last week. On Thursday I went to National Park Pelister near the city of Bitola to teach a self defense course for the teenage girls at the PC camp. There were 60 Macedonian teenage girls total. Fortunately for me, the camp was all done in English, so I didn’t have to translate anything, although there was a discussion about whether they should yell ‘NO!’ or ‘NE!’ (Macedonian) or ‘YO!’ (Albanian). We settled on ‘NO!’

All the girls were very active and engaged and we were able to cover a lot in an hour and a half, despite there being 60 of them. It was very cool to have these girls being so excited and so empowered. Many of them told me afterwards that it was there favorite part of the Camp so far.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home