Ajvar and everything else

The views and opinions on this blog are my own- and do not reflect the views and opinions of the Peace Corps or the United States Government.

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

A day in the life of a ranger

Yesterday I was able to go to the park with one of the rangers. It was a nice day. I got to do a lot of hiking, saw the remains of a WWII hospital site, went to an abandon sheep fold, took a nap, hiked to a peak where you can see both lake Ohrid and lake Prespa, and got to see how the logging is done in the park.

The road construction leaves much to be desired, but the logging is really not very evasive. The trees are very selectively cut, a lot of the work is done with horses, and I never saw more then 4 men working at a site at a time. Not the total disaster I was expecting! Plus I got to practice my language all day, which is good. Anyhow, enjoy the photos…

1 Comments:

At 1:33 AM, Blogger MinimumWager said...

Yo V-diddy. You've got some rockin good photos on your blog, I love!

I wanted to thank you for letting me stay kaj tebe for the Vino I Sirenje fest, and also alert you to the fact that there are 2 new photos of you on my blog. Check em out!

BethsCorpsExperience.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home